BPI’s Building Science Principles Certificate Class
- Wednesday, April 8th
- Tuesday, April 14th
- Wednesday, April 15th
- (no class the week of April 20th)
- Tuesday, April 28th
- Wednesday, April 29th
- Tuesday, May 5th
- Wednesday, May 6th (exam night!)
- Heat transfer
- Air leakage – detection and air sealing methods
- Moisture and moisture control
- Indoor air quality
- Mechanical systems – heating, cooling, and water heating
- Conservation strategies – including lighting and appliances
- BPI – Up to 12 CEUs! 6 are earned for taking the course and 6 can be earned for passing the exam.
- USGBC/GBCI – 6 continuing education hours
- Approved for 5 ASHI CE credits
- InterNACHI approved
- “Todd is a very knowledgeable instructor; his real world experience is a great asset to the class. He has total command of the subject matter. I would seek out future courses where he is the trainer.” — Jeff Wagner, Jansen Heating.
- “I feel that I gained a perspective that I did not possesses before, that will benefit my company and clients in the future.” — Jim from Peoria Radon Mitigation, Inc.
- “As a central Illinois builder who builds energy efficient homes, this was a great experience. I gained a better understanding of a house-as-a-system – instead of just a collection of individual components. I will use this knowledge in future New Energy Homes.” — Todd Meinhold. H&D Quality Builders, Inc.
Instructor biography: Todd Abercrombie works as an energy consultant and is president of EverGreen Home Energy Consultants, Inc. based in Peoria, IL. He works with homeowners, business owners, and contractors to provide a variety of energy services including energy audits, duct pressure testing, and infrared inspections. He has been teaching the Building Science Principles course as a preparatory course for students moving into the energy efficiency and energy auditing fields. He is a certified professional with the Building Performance Institute in Building Analyst, Envelope Professional, Air Leakage Control Installer, and Healthy Home Evaluator and is credentialed by the U.S. Green Building Council as a LEED Green Associate. He is an instructor at Illinois Central College and is a BPI test proctor and BPI test center.
- Learn more about the BPI Certificate: http://www.bpi.org/professionals_certificate.aspx